With the aims of promoting international understanding by stimulating and supporting academic and intercultural activities between Vietnamese students and foreign ones, the National Economics University has been now developing the Student Exchange Program with NEU’s partner institutions. The program follows the regular academic calendar at the National Economics University and consists of two semesters: Fall (August-December) and Spring (January - May). International students may enter the program either for a semester or an academic year.
Applications/information on nominated students should reach the NEU no later than:
- 1st May (students planning to study during the Fall semester or the full academic year)
- 1st October (students planning to study during the Spring semester). NEU will send its decision within 05 (five) weeks.
Academic Calender at NEU:
- Fall Semester: 20 August - 30 December
- Spring Semester: 2 Jan - 30 May (including Tet Holiday)
Documents to be submitted:
- Signed print out of completed application form (with full color photo).
- Copies and translation of degree, diplomas and academic transcripts applicable for relevant levels of proposed study, duly notarized or certified by competent authorities of the sending country.
- Medical examination certificate issued within 06 months from the date of application by competent health authorities of the sending country or by Vietnamese central, municipal or provincial medical bodies, clearly starting that the applicant id is healthy and fit for oversea study.
- Duly certified copies of internationally recognized certificate of the foreign language to be used for study in Vietnam; or Vietnamese Proficiency Certificates issued by competent educational institutions (if any).
- Copies of financial guarantee to support study, research and living in Vietnam.
- Approval letter from the sending institution.
- Research proposal (for PhD applicants) or Plan of practical training (for Internship applicants).
- Letters of Recommendation provided by 02 researchers or academics who hold doctorate degrees and have similar fields of research (applicable to PhD applicants).
- Duly certifies copies of documents and certificates about the applicant’s aptitude, expertise, research achievements, etc. (if any).
- Copy of passport (a clearly copy of the biographical page) with a validity of the expected duration of study in Vietnam or at least 1 year from the expected arrival in Vietnam.
Note: students applying for courses taught in English must document fluency in writen and spoken English (an IELTS band score of 5.5 or TOEFL iBT score of 70)
Applications submitted to:
International Cooperation Department
Room 108, Building No7, National Economics University 207 Giai Phong Road, Ha Noi, Viet Nam
Phone: +84-36 280 280 (Ext. 5718)
Fax: +84-38 693 368
Staff of the International Cooperation Department will first review documents to ensure that student’s application is complete, followed by the selection procedure.
After being admitted:
International Cooperation Department will send selected applicants “Letter of Acceptance” and detailed instructions on coming to Hanoi, Vietnam.
The National Economics University will apply visa for accepted students at Vietnam Immigration Department. Normally the procedure takes two weeks to complete. After receiving the result, our office will send the scanned copy to the coordinator of the student’s home institution via email. Students should either bring this document to the nearest Vietnamese Embassy/Consulate to obtain the visa or receive the visa upon arrival at the airport.
Students need to make sure that they have all the following documents:
- Valid passport
- Acceptant letter from NEU
- Valid health and accident insurance
- Sufficient financial means
- Along with the notification of admission, students will receive information regarding arrival, enrolment and commencement of studies.
Arrival - Admission:
Students are requested to arrive in Vietnam on the date appointed by the National Economics University.
An orientation session and a campus tour for new international students will be held.